Complete with an enticing introductory offer, the Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN offers a rather unique rewards program that lets cardholders choose how many points they’d like to earn in a number of different categories, including airfare, advertising, and shipping costs.
The card offers additional benefits that come in handy for business owners and employees, including purchase protection and insurance while traveling. The flexible spending limit can be adjusted over time, and the $175 annual fee is waived the first year.
See how this card compares to others in The Business Gold Rewards Card vs Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express OPEN and American Express Business Green Rewards vs. Business Gold Rewards Card.
This card is one of our picks for the Best Credit and Charge Cards for Small Businesses and Startups.
Confused about all the different amounts listed on your credit card bill? Read our guide to paying credit cards here.
- Annual Fee $175 (waived for the first year)
- Intro Purchase APR -
- Regular Purchase APR Not Applicable - Paid in Full Monthly
- Earn 3 points for every $1 spent on 1 category of your choice: airfare purchased directly from airlines, U.S. purchases for advertising in select media, U.S. purchases at gas stations, U.S. purchases for shipping, U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers.
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on the remaining 4 categories
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Signup Bonus 50,000 points if you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature
- Foreign Transaction Fee 0%
- Intro Balance Transfer APR -
- Regular Balance Transfer APR -
- Cash Advance APR N/A
- Penalty APR N/A
- Late Fee Up to $38 or 2.99%, whichever is greater
- Returned Payment Fee $38
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
Exclusive access to ticket pre-sales and card member-only events in your city.
OPEN Business Services
Online community for small business owners to connect with each other.
Extra savings on eligible purchases from participating merchants.
ReceiptMatchSM with QuickBooks®
Track expenses with ReceiptMatch with QuickBooks®.
Get alerts about account information on your phone.
Ability to give other people permission to manage your account.
Help dealing with fraudulent and incorrect transactions.
For warranties of 5 years or less, get up to 1 extra year added to the original manufacturer’s warranty.
Items purchased with your card are protected against accidental damage and theft within 90 days of the purchase.
If a merchant won’t take back an item within 90 days, American Express may refund the purchase price (restrictions apply).
Global Assist® Hotline
When you travel 100 miles or more from home, provides help with travel accidents like lost passports, the need for a lawyer, sudden illness, and more. You pay for all third-party service costs.
Baggage Insurance Plan
Eligible lost, damaged, or stolen bags are covered up to $1,250 for carry-on baggage & checked bags together and up to $500 for checked baggage only.
Travel Accident Insurance
Up to $100,000 in financial security if accident or death is caused when traveling by Common Carrier plane, train, ship, or bus.
Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance
Stolen or damaged vehicles are covered if you use your card to pay and reserve the rental, and you decline the collision damage waiver.
Premium Roadside Assistance
Assistance with services such as towing, changing a flat, or boosting a battery in case of emergency (no cost for the first 4 times per year).
Read about experiences others have had with this card and leave your own review here.
Submit your review